Dr. Raad Saad Mohammed Al-Saffar
Laparoscopic and Thyroid Surgeon
Date & place of birth: Najaf 1971
- M.B.CH.B. (1994) Baghdad college of medicine
- F.A.C.S. (Fellow of American College of Surgeons) (2018)
- C.A.B.S. (2001) Arabic board of surgery.
- Posts and jobs held since qualifications:
- House officer in various medicine disciplines (15/10/1994 – 1/10/1996) in Al-Sadur teaching hospital.
- Arabic board student (1996-2001) in the following teaching hospitals:
- Al-Kadhumya teaching hospital. (General surgery under supervision of professor of surgery dr.Nezar T. Mekki, FRCS). Baghdad.
- Al-Mansoor teaching hospital (paediatric surgery). Baghdad.
- Al-Wasity teaching hosp;(plastic & orthopaedic surgery) Baghdad.
- Neurosurgery teaching hospital. Baghdad.
- 2002 -2003 senior surgeon in Al-Sadur teaching hospital. (Al-Najaf city, Iraq).
- 2003-2006 senior surgeon in Al-Furat general hospital. (Al-Najaf city, Iraq).
- 2006-20012 senior surgeon in Al-Sadur teaching hospital. (Al-Najaf city, Iraq).
- 2012-till now Consultant surgeon in Al-Sadur teaching hospital. (Al-Najaf city, Iraq).
- Iraqi medical society.
- Iraqi society of surgeons.
- Iraqi society of gasterointerologist and digestive surgeons
- F.A.C.S. (Fellow of American College of Surgeons) (2018)
- Acute abdomen in elderly patients. (Babylon medical journal (2006) volume 3 no.3)
- Incisional local anaesthesia for pain control after abdominal surgery. (Medical journal of Babylon-2008 volume-5 no.3-4)
- A comparison of three methods of skin closure in surgical wounds by using a subcuticular vicryl suture, metallic skin stapler and a steri-strip adhesive tape. (Kufa medical journal 2008 vol.11 no.1.)
- Tension –free inguinal hernia repair comparing mesh with darn, prospective randomized clinical trial. (Iraqi postgraduate medical journal 2009 volume 8 no.3)
- Conversion rate in laparoscopic cholecystectomy- review of 300 cases. (Karbala journal of medicine-2010 volume 3 no.1)
- complications of laparoscopic cholecystectomy. (Kufa medical journal Vol. 16 No. 1 . 2013.)
- Fundus-first approach for difficult laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Single surgeon experience.
- External tube drainage versus omentopexy in the management of residual hepatic hydatid cyst cavity. (Kufa medical journal 2011.VOL.14.No.1)
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in empyema of gall bladder. (International Journal of Current Research and Academic Review Volume 4 Number 12 December-2016)
- FOCUS Harmonic Scalpel Compared to Conventional Hemostasis in Open Total Thyroidectomy: A Prospective Randomized study
Clinical surgery courses:
- Lecturer &examiner in Kufa College of medicine. Dep. Of surgery, general surgery (2002- till now).
- Supervisor to 4 diploma students in general surgery in four successive years. (2004 – 2007).
- Supervisor to Arabic board students in general surgery (2009-till now).
- Supervisor in laparoscopic surgery and laparoscopy training (2012-till now).
- Certificate from ministry of health license to do laparoscopic surgery.
- Post in laparoscopic training program with dr.Mohammed Al-Taie and dr.Majed Al-Khafaji; consultant laparoscopic surgeons in Hilla teaching hospital. (july-october 2007).
- Training on gastrointestinal endoscopies in Marjan GIT center in Hilla city (from October to November 2008).
- Training on gastrointestinal endoscopies in GIT center–medical city in Baghdad (from January to February 2009).
- Advanced laparoscopy training in Alsharja surgical institute (2013).
Competing professional interest:
A- Gastrointestinal surgery & laparoscopy: more than 1500 cases of therapeutic laparoscopy.
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy(total , subtotal and partial)
- Tow ports Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic appendectomy
- Laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy and drilling
- Laparoscopic oophorectomy
- Laparoscopic total abdominal hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic salpingectomy and oophorectomy for endometriosis
- Laparoscopic adhesolysis
- Laparoscopic paraumbilical and ventral hernia repair.
- Laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair
- Laparoscopic orchiopexy and orchidectomy
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy for morbid obesity
- Laparoscopic splenectomy
- Laparoscopy for liver hydatid cyst
- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy
- Laparoscopic enucleation of pancreatic Insulinoma
B- Hundreds cases of biliary surgery, colorectal surgery & gastric surgery.
- CBD exploration for stones.
- Triple bypass for advanced periampullry tumors.
- Choleduchal cyst excision with Roux en Y choleduchojejonostomy.
- Repair of major biliary duct injury postcholecystectomy.
- Distal pancreatectomy with splenectomy.
- Distal pancreatectomy with spleen preserving.
- Whipple’s pancreaticodoudenectomy.
- Total, subtotal and distal gastrectomy with lymph nodes dissection.
- Ivor Lewis esophagogastrectomy (cobined surgery with thoracic surgeon).
- Total colectomy, right or left hemicolectomy, extended right hemicolectomy, Hartman’s sigmoidectomy and total proctocolectomy.
- Abdominoperineal resection for low rectal cancer.
- High and low anterior resection of rectal cancer.
- Pullthrough and colo anal anastomosis.
C- More than 1000 cases of upper &lower gastrointestinal diagnostic endoscopies (as senior general surgeon in AL-Furat hospital, in Al-Sadur teaching hospital & during training courses).
- D- Head and neck surgery:
Thyroid surgery: more than 1000 cases of partial, subtotal, neartotal and total thyroidectomies with or without lymph nodes dissection, for different thyroid diseases.
- Thyroglossal cyst surgery.
- Thyroglossal fistula surgery.
- Branchial cyst surgery.
- Branchial fistula surgery.
- Parotid surgrey : superficial and total parotidectomy.
- Selective, modified radical and radical cervical lymph nodes dissection.
- Submandibular salivary gland surgery.
- Cystic hygroma surgery.
E- Breast surgery: more than 1000 differrent cases of breast surgical procedures
- simple mastectomy.
- modified radical mastectomy with axillary dissection.
- breast lumpectomy.
- breast oncoplasy.
- breast conserving surgery.
- Phone number: 009647801356103
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org